What is Ratio Cotridin Teva Syrup 100 ml
Ratio Cotridin Teva Syrup 100 ml combination medication is used to treat symptoms caused by the common cold, flu, allergies, or other breathing illnesses (such as sinusitis, bronchitis). Ratio Cotridin Teva Syrup 100 ml relieves watery eyes, itchy eyes/nose/throat, runny nose, and sneezing. Codeine is an opioid cough suppressant (antitussive) that affects a certain part of the brain, reducing the urge to cough.
Opioid cough suppressants should not be used by children younger than 18 years. Children are at higher risk for serious (even fatal) side effects, especially breathing problems. Talk with the doctor about the risks and benefits of this medication. Cough-and-cold products do not cure colds. Cough due to a common cold often does not need to be treated with medicine. Ask your doctor or pharmacist about other ways to relieve cough and cold symptoms, such as drinking enough fluids, using a humidifier, or saline nose drops/spray.
How does Ratio Cotridin Teva Syrup 100 ml Works?
This combination product contains 3 medications: codeine, triprolidine, and pseudoephedrine.
Codeine belongs to the group of medications called narcotic analgesics and cough suppressants.
Triprolidine belongs to the group of medications called antihistamines, and helps to relieve sneezing and runny nose.
Pseudoephedrine belongs to the group of medications called nasal decongestants, and reduces nasal congestion.
Codeine – triprolidine – pseudoephedrine is used to treat coughs related to inflamed tissues in the nose and throat. It works by reducing inflammation in the nose and throat tissues and decreasing cough.
Advise On Ratio Cotridin Syrup Teva Syrup
Your doctor may have suggested this medication for conditions other than those listed in these drug information articles. If you have not discussed this with your doctor or are not sure why you are taking this medication, speak to your doctor. Do not stop taking this medication without consulting your doctor.
Do not give this medication to anyone else, even if they have the same symptoms as you do. It can be harmful for people to take this medication if their doctor has not prescribed it.
How should I use Teva Syrup
Note: A cough is a symptom. Before taking a cough suppressant, it is important to assess the underlying cause of the cough.
The recommended dose for adults is 10 mL (2 teaspoons), every 6 or 8 hours as needed. No more than 4 doses should be taken in a 24-hour period.
Many things can affect the dose of a medication that a person needs, such as body weight, other medical conditions, and other medications. If your doctor has recommended a dose different from the ones listed here, do not change the way that you are taking the medication without consulting your doctor.
Use an oral syringe to measure each dose of the liquid, as it gives a more accurate measurement than household teaspoons.
It is important to take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor. If your doctor has told you to take this medication on a regular basis and you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible and continue with your regular schedule. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one. If you are not sure what to do after missing a dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Store this medication at room temperature, protect it from light and moisture, and keep it out of the reach of children.
Do not dispose of medications in wastewater (e.g. down the sink or in the toilet) or in household garbage. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medications that are no longer needed or have expired.
Who should NOT take Ratio Cotridin Teva Syrup 100 ml
Do not use this medication if you:
- are allergic to codeine, triprolidine, pseudoephedrine, or any of the ingredients of the medication
- are allergic to codeine-like narcotics, other similar antihistamines, or decongestants are at risk of respiratory failure
- are breast-feeding
- are known to be an “ultra rapid metabolizer” of codeine (i.e., your body changes codeine to morphine faster than normal)
- are pregnant
- are taking an MAO inhibitor (e.g., phenelzine, tranylcypromine) or have taken one in the past 2 weeks
- are taking certain other medications such as decongestants, appetite suppressants, stimulants, or medications used for the
- treatment of ADHD (attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder)
- are under 18 years of age
- have a cough with a significant amount of phlegm or other secretions
- have a head injury or increased pressure inside the brain
- have an ongoing or persistent cough, such as that which occurs with asthma, emphysema or smoking
- have decreased kidney function
- have high blood pressure
- have pheochromocytoma (a type of adrenal gland tumour)
- have reduced liver function
- have respiratory problems, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or asthma
- have severe coronary artery disease
- have ulcerative colitis (inflammation of the digestive tract)
- This medication should not be given to newborn or premature infants.
What side effects are possible with Ratio Cotridin Teva Syrup 100 ml
Many medications can cause side effects. A side effect is an unwanted response to a medication when it is taken in normal doses. Side effects can be mild or severe, temporary or permanent.
The side effects listed below are not experienced by everyone who takes this medication. If you are concerned about side effects, discuss the risks and benefits of this medication with your doctor.
The following side effects have been reported by at least 1% of people taking this medication. Many of these side effects can be managed, and some may go away on their own over time.
Contact your doctor if you experience these side effects and they are severe or bothersome. Your pharmacist may be able to advise you on managing side effects.
- difficulty concentrating
- difficulty sleeping
- dry mouth, nose or throat
- feeling bloated
- sensation of spinning
- skin rash
Although most of these side effects listed below don’t happen very often, they could lead to serious problems if you do not seek medical attention.
Check with your doctor as soon as possible if any of the following side effects occur:
- severe constipation
- difficult or painful urination
- hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren’t there)
- increased or irregular heart rate
- itchy skin
- signs of depression (e.g., poor concentration, changes in weight, changes in sleep, decreased interest in activities, thoughts of suicide)
- signs of low blood pressure (dizziness, fainting, lightheadedness)
- thickening phlegm
- unusual excitement or restlessness
- vision changes (blurred vision, eye pain)
Stop taking the medication and seek immediate medical attention if any of the following occur:
- signs of a serious allergic reaction (e.g., abdominal cramps, difficulty breathing, nausea and vomiting, or swelling of the face and throat)
- signs of brain injury (e.g., confusion, inability to concentrate, decreased awareness, consciousness)
- signs of pancreatitis (e.g., abdominal pain on the upper left side, back pain, nausea, fever, chills, rapid heartbeat, swollen abdomen)
- signs of decreased blood flow to the digestive tract (e.g., sudden abdominal pain, rectal bleeding, blood in the stools)
- signs of intolerance to pseudoephedrine (e.g., drowsiness, dizziness, weakness, difficulty breathing, rapid heart rate)
symptoms of overdose of codeine, such as:
- abnormally slow or weak breathing
- cold, clammy skin
- extreme drowsiness
- severe dizziness
- slow heartbeat
- symptoms of cerebral vasoconstriction syndrome (e.g., sudden severe headache, nausea, vomiting, vision changes)
Some people may experience side effects other than those listed. Check with your doctor if you notice any symptom that worries you while you are taking this medication. Contact us For More Enquiries