What is Juxtapid
Before taking Juxtapid Lomitapide 20mg
You should not use Juxtapid if you are allergic to lomitapide, or if:
- you have severe liver disease;
- you have abnormal liver function tests; or
- you are pregnant.
Many drugs can interact and cause dangerous effects. Some drugs should not be used together with lomitapide. Your doctor may change your treatment plan if you also use:
- crizotinib, imatinib;
- an antibiotic – ciprofloxacin, clarithromycin, erythromycin, telithromycin;
- antifungal medication – fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole, posaconazole, voriconazole;
- heart or blood pressure medicine – diltiazem, verapamil;
- hepatitis C medication – boceprevir or telaprevir; or
- HIV or AIDS medicine – atazanavir, darunavir when given with ritonavir, fosamprenavir, indinavir, lopinavir, nelfinavir, ritonavir, saquinavir, tipranavir.
To make sure Juxtapid Lomitapide 20mg is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:
- liver problems, even if caused by taking certain medicines;
- kidney disease (or if you are on dialysis);
- bowel problems, or an intestinal disorder;
- hereditary galactose intolerance, severe lactase deficiency, or glucose galactose malabsorption; or
- if you drink large amounts of alcohol.
You may need to have a negative pregnancy test before starting this treatment.
How should I take Juxtapid Lomitapide 20mg
What happens if I miss a dose
Take the medicine as soon as you can, but skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next dose. Do not take two doses at one time.
What to avoid
Juxtapid Lomitapide 20mg side effects
- nausea, vomiting, upper stomach pain;
- loss of appetite;
- swelling around your midsection;
- flu-like symptoms, tiredness;
- dark urine, clay-colored stools; or
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Common Juxtapid Lomitapide side effects may include:
- stomach cramps;
- nausea, vomiting;
- indigestion; or
What other drugs will affect Juxtapid Lomitapide
- an antidepressant;
- antiviral medicine to treat HIV or hepatitis C;
- heart or blood pressure medicine;
- birth control pills;
- an antibiotic – demeclocycline, doxycycline, minocycline, eravacycline, omadacycline, sarecycline, tetracycline;
- a blood thinner – warfarin, Coumadin, Jantoven; or
- cholesterol medication – atorvastatin or simvastatin.
This list is not complete and many other drugs may affect Juxtapid Lomitapide 20mg. This includes prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Not all possible drug interactions are listed here. Juxtapid Lomitapide 20mg