What is Panadeine Forte
Panadeine Forte is a medicine supplied by Ozisik Eczane with or without prescription for the short-term management of severe pain for which other treatment options have failed, are contraindicated, not tolerated or are otherwise inappropriate to provide sufficient management of pain
How to take Panadeine Forte
- Store below 25 degrees Celsius
- Shelf lifetime is 5 Years.
What should I know before I take Panadeine Forte?
Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to Panadeine Forte or any of the ingredients listed at the end of the CMI.
This medicine was verified as being available on the PBS and Ozisik Eczane on November 1, 2022.
Talk to your doctor if you have any other medical conditions, take any other medicines, or are pregnant or plan to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
You may develop addiction, dependence and tolerance.
What should I know while taking Panadeine Forte
- Remind any doctor, dentist or pharmacist you visit that you are using Panadeine Forte.
- Talk to your doctor about pain control if the medicine is not helping.
- Tell your doctor if you become pregnant while taking Panadeine Forte.
Things you should not do
- Do not take more than the recommended dose unless your doctor tells you to.
- Do not take more than 8 tablets a day.
- Do not give Panadeine Forte to children under 12.
- Do not take high doses of the medicine for long periods of time unless you doctor tells you to.
- Driving or using machines
- Be careful before you drive or use any machines or tools until you know how Panadeine Forte affects you.
- Panadeine Forte may cause dizziness, drowsiness or light-headedness in some people, especially after the first dose.
- Drinking alcohol
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Panadeine Forte.
- Looking after your medicine
- Store below 25°C.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from young children.
Side Effects of Panadeine Forte
Tell your doctor or pharmacist immediately if you notice any of the following side effects shortness of breath, wheezing or difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or other parts of the body, rash, itching or hives on the skin. They may be the signs of an allergic reaction.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any of the following and they worry you: nausea or vomiting; constipation; drowsiness or dizziness. These are more common side effects of panadeine forte. They are usually mild. Buy Panadeine Forte Online
Limitations of use
Panadeine Forte should only be used when your doctor decides that other treatment options are not able to effectively manage your pain or you cannot tolerate them.
Hazardous and harmful use
Panadeine Forte poses risks of abuse, misuse and addiction which can lead to overdose and death. Your doctor will monitor you regularly during treatment.
Life threatening respiratory depression
Panadeine Forte can cause life-threatening or fatal breathing problems (slow, shallow, unusual or no breathing) even when used as recommended. These problems can occur at any time during use, but the risk is higher when first starting Panadeine Forte and after a dose increase, if you are older, or have an existing problem with your lungs. Your doctor will monitor you and change the dose as appropriate.
Use of other medicines while using Panadeine Forte
Using Panadeine Forte with other medicines that can make you feel drowsy such as sleeping tables (e.g. benzodiazepines), other pain relivers, antihistamines, antidepressants, antipsychotics, gabapentanoids (e.g. gabapentin and pregabalin), cannabis and alcohol may result in severe drowsiness, decreased awareness, breathing problems, coma and death. Your doctor will minimize the dose and duration of use; and monitor you for signs and symptoms of breathing difficulties and sedation. You must not drink alcohol while using Panadeine Forte.
Active ingredient(s): paracetamol and codeine phosphate hemihydrate